Each candidate must submit the following items:
- Completed grant INDIVIDUAL GRANT REQUEST APPLICATION
- Documentation verifying the child or children are decendants of the law enforcement officer or firefighter (i.e. birth certificate).
- Documentation from the governing agency confirming the law enforcement officer or firefighter is active duty; or confirmation from the governing agency of the line of duty death or permanent disability.
- Copy of most recent tax returns.
- Current documentation as to the amount of pension received in case of death or permanent disability.
- Documentation of Social Security benefits being received by spouse and children in the case of death or permanent disability.
- Candidate must submit all relevant documentation in support of the grant request including related receipts or invoices.
Decisions of the Grant Committee are final. The NLEAFCF reserves the right to withhold grants in any category in the absence of qualified applicants. Applications are accepted and reviewed year round.
How to apply for Individual Grants:
Download, print, and complete the Individual Grant Request Application Form and submit with any required documentation.Download
Mail application to:
The First Responders Children’s Foundation
38 E 32nd Street, suite 603
New York, New York 10016
For any questions contact: